The Oscars were last night. Did you watch? I've never been a huge fan of award shows, but I do love how excited everyone gets about them. As in, I like the idea of having a party to watch the Oscars more than the idea of watching the Oscars. Is that weird? Maybe. Anyway, I wasn't watching the Oscars because I was driving home from Tampa. Waze directed me to drive through a PANTHER HABITAT in the pitch dark which was TERRIFYING, but I didn't see any panthers : ( I was mostly terrified because I would never forgive myself if I hit one, so I just drove really carefully and didn't even listen to the radio (I swear it was more scary than it sounds).
Anyway, apparently these were the highlights of the Oscars:
- Neil Patrick Harris messed up a lot of names
- Patricia Arquette called for equal rights for women, which Meryl Streep went wild over
- Dakota Johnson snapped at her mom, Melanie Griffith, on the red carpet - pretty amazing
- Lady Gaga did a tribute to the Sound of Music
- Birdman and Grand Budapest Hotel won big
- Lots of gowns were worn